<< Back

Are You Ready for the Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP)?  

August 19, 2021

AEP happens once a year. Make sure you know your options and deadlines.

Know your dates

AEP runs October 15th through December 7th. During this time, you can shop for a new plan, switch your Medicare Advantage plan, change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan, and add or remove prescription drug coverage*.

Make sure you are eligible to enroll

If you are new to Medicare, you will need to sign up for Medicare Part A and Part B before you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan during AEP. If you already have a Medicare plan, make sure it meets your needs. You may be able to lower your monthly premium or copay amounts.

Don’t rely on coverage that falls short

Relying just on Parts A and B for coverage would only cover about 80% of your expenses. The remaining 20% is your responsibility and could add up to thousands of dollars each year. To have enough coverage, many people select a Medicare Advantage Plan, known as a Part C plan, that includes Medicare Parts A and B benefits, and may also include supplemental benefits like dental and hearing, etc. These plans may also include a Part D plan to cover drug costs.

Get your questions answered

Give us a call at 1-844-267-2322 (TTY: 711). Our local, licensed Medicare Agents can help answer any of your questions about AEP. We contract with other Medicare Advantage/Part D plans. *You can also drop a Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare or cancel your current Part D plan. CarePartners of Connecticut complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-341-1507 (TTY: 711).